Grade 8 Englsh


Read the poem and answer the questions .
When I am in my bed at night
between  the blinds I see
The dearest little twinkling star,
Who comes to peep at me
I know he says there all the night
But at the break of the day
I cannot see him anywhere 
Why does he go away ?
I wonder  if the reason's this !
Perhaps he goes from me
To peep at other girls and boys 
In lands across the sea.

1.Who is the speaker of this poem ?
..............................................................
2.Why does the speaker say "between the blinds I see" ?
   a.because he is blind at night 
   b.because he is sleeping closing his 
      eyes 
   c.because the blind can see
3.What is "break of the day "?
.................................................................
4.Can he see the star in the morning ?
.........................................................
5."lands" hear means ,
(a) high lands
(b)cities 
(c)countries