Grade 12 General English



Conditional sentences


 Match the two halves of the sentences.


  1.    If I were rich                                                         a) I'll drink a glass of white wine with it.
  2.    If I hadn't eaten so much                                      b) I may arrive on time.
  3.    If I had won the competition                                c) I wouldn't smoke so much!
  4.    If I don't miss the train                                         d) I’d invest in property.
  5.    If I could swim                                                      e) I can have a shower before the meeting.
  6.    If I move house                                                     f) I wouldn't feel so sick now!
  7.    If I hadn't lost the keys                                          g) I would have got a new sports car!
  8.    If I arrive on time                                                   h) I would be watching TV by now!
  9.    If I eat fish for dinner tonight                                i) I'll buy an old cottage in the countryside.
 10.   If I were you                                                           j) I would go to a Greek island.

A:  Conditional 1

 Put the verbs in brackets into the / a correct form

.
 1.    If you ______________ (visit), we ______________ (go) to the theatre.
 2.    If it ______________ (rain), we ______________ (eat) inside.
3.    If you ______________ (not / pass) the exam, ______________ (you / take) it again?
 4.    We ______________ (lose) our way if we ______________ (not / stay) on the main road.
 5.    He ______________ (not / catch) the plane if he ______________ (not / hurry)!
 6.    I ______________ (telephone) if I ______________ (need) any help.